The artist Lookens alias Nolseko
began painting at the age of eighteen years old and lives very quickly of his painting in Haiti. He moved to Canada in 1978, is studying art at the University of Quebec, particularly in sculpture. Since then, he has done several exhibitions.
Her artistic approach is to combine different styles seamlessly from Realism to Impressionism through Surrealism and assemble them into a single canvas. He defines his style as "Regroup'Art." The poetic character of his creation and fantastic testament to the richness of his imagination.
Solo and group exhibitions
- April 2001 "SOLO": exhibition of paintings and masks at the bistro-restaurant ("For the last human) in Montreal
- October 2000 Group Nolseko presence at the exhibition entitled "Celebrating alley" during the festival of culture in canada
- December 2000 Exhibition at the gallery "Art-Soul" in Montreal
- 1999 Exhibition at the gallery "Art-France" with the group "Fodi" whose leader is Emmanuel Pierre-Charles (Haitian painter)
- May 1999 Group Exhibition at the Embassy of Haiti in Ottawa with Anthony Benoit, Myrtha Hall, Marc Philippe Bernard, Jean Durand
- 15-29 May 1999 An exhibition entitled "Art and Culture of Haiti in Quebec" under the group "Nolseko" in the library of Mile-End Montreal
- 1998 Opening of a painting school in Montreal
- 1991 to 2002 Owner of the company "Workshop Lookens" specialized in making clothes for men, women and children and in ready-to-wear
- 1987 Participant in the exhibition of "Cercle des Artistes-Peintres du Québec (honorable mention for the work" Pink Flamingos ") Donation of a painting entitled" Prescription Maya "to a non-profit organization aimed to help the Mayan people in a refugee camp in Mexico. The work was sold $ 35,000 at an auction.
- 1985 Participant in the Festival of Arts Inc. to Montreal with the artist Lionel Laurenceau and Leonel Jules
- 1983 Exhibition of paintings at the gallery "Dazebo" in Montreal with the artist-writer Louise Ladouceur
- 1982 Exhibition at the University of Quebec at Montreal with the artist Leonel Jules
- Other Achievements Six fashion shows with the company Ebony.