CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Implemented in the framework of the Music Sector Development With the financial contribution of the European Union
and the assistance of the ACP Group of States
Music Crossroads (a program of Jeunnesses Musicales International - JMI), through the academy based in Area 23, Lilongwe, Malawi has the aim to provide basic music education and to bridge existing gaps in the music education chain, related to both theoretical knowledge and vocational practice is in partnership with the International Music Council (IMC), the world's largest network of organizations and institutions working in the music field. In collaboration, the two institutions are organizing additional strands to the vocational training curriculum currently being offered at the Music Crossroads Academy. Interested candidates must therefore apply now as follows:
Training Units Offered:
• Music Management Skills
• Sound Engineering ( both studio recording and live concert)
Who can apply:
• Students and members of Music Crossroads
• Members of Musicians Union of Malawi
• Members of Copyright Society of Malawi
• Any aspiring sound engineers and or music /arts managers
• Must not be more than 35 years old.
How to apply
• Submit your full profile and CV.
• Justify why you want to be considered for the training
• Demonstrate you have basic computer literacy, basic knowledge in sound engineering and/or in the music industry
• The trainees will increase their professional capacity in the fields of cultural management and sound engineering which will open for them job opportunities in the industry.
• The integration of the training units within the academy will reinforce networking opportunities.
• Participant will be able to use the IMC and Music Crossroads platforms.
• Participants will receive certificates
Dates: The training has been arranged into three progressive phases and follow ups;
• 1st Phase: March/April 2015
• 2nd Phase: September, 2015
• 3rd Phase: March 2016
Selection will be based on merit of the applications. Possible interviews will be conducted when necessary. Only limited spaces are available. Selected candidates will have to attend all the phases before they can receive the certificates.
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand delivered to Music Crossroads Malawi offices in Area 23, at Majiga, next to Athens Private Schools by January 1, 2015. Info +265 111 749 714, +265 999 916 799
Please share your impressions, remarks, suggestions to help us improve the new Southplanet website. Don't hesitate to signal any bugs that you happen to come across !