The deadline is approaching for applications for next year's Sauti za Busara festival. The last day for bids to attend is 31 July, so get your applications in if you'd like to be part of the festival.
For festival artists, Busara pays a modest performance fee and cover all local expenses in Zanzibar, including accommodation, transport, visa, food and incidentals. Artists from outside the region may be required to assist in finding their own travel sponsors.
When selecting artists, we give priority to:
• East African music
• Music from African Continent and diaspora, Arab World and Indian Ocean
• Artistic quality
• Gender balance
• Sounds of Wisdom (eg. music with a message)
• Originality, creativity and innovation
• Young and emerging talents
• Musical diversity ("traditional" and electric, rural and urban)
• Music with cultural identity
• Less-exposed or marginalised artists
• Big name artists to attract wider audiences
The final date for receipt of application forms is 31st July 2014