The Mokolo platform has been created in 2012 with the aim to promote and support film and audiovisual sectors in Africa and its Diaspora by :
* Connecting, promoting and supporting film and audiovisual professionals from or related to Africa and its diasporas;
* Promoting film and audiovisual content made by Africans, about Africa or related to Africa and its diasporas;
* Improving the accessibility and visibility of such content;
* Facilitating and promoting the use of existing and future web technologies by professionals and audiences through research, development and education;
* Providing one single viable and reliable access point for all of the above, which links existing initiatives, services and re? sources.
Mokolo is run by the Mokolo?Foundation which has its main office in Lagos/Nigeria.
Goethe?Institut Nigeria is founding member of the Mokolo?Foundation and has secured funding from the European Union (Program ACP Cultures+) for the period of two years, starting from April 1, 2014.
For more information on the Mokolo project see www.mokolo.net.
In order to lead Mokolo web portal development that will be open source minded, Africa Culture Technologies (ACT) ? Goethe?Institut Nigeria partner for Mokolo and operator of villaACT media lab in Dakar - invites tenders for the strategic position of :
IT project manager for the Mokolo portal development
Full-time as from 01.07.2014 (limited until 30.06.2015), based in Dakar, Senegal, on a local contract.
The Mokolo project requires a suitably skilled and experienced IT project manager with the following responsibilities:
* Implementing the vision of the Mokolo project in close collaboration with its founding partners ;
* Writing Mokolo platform specs, requirements and features with explained technical choices taking into account opensource solutions
* Recruiting IT team (in accordance with Goethe?Institut and its partners) : platform architect, developers (lead expert, senior, junior levels), web designer, etc…
* Managing IT team according to a well studied project timeline with defined deliverables (modules)
* Monitoring progress of the different implementation steps (AGILE / SCRUM)
* Writing regular activity reports on Mokolo?platform software development
The successful applicant will have:
? IT university degree or minimum of 5?year experience
? done at least 5 web projects that are db?driven
? profound understanding of cross?browser issues, low?bandwidth optimization
? proven experience in team leadership (list projects and number of teammembers involved) and in managing an international developer team and delivering a web portal timeously
? excellent organizational expertise
? outstanding leadership qualities
? above average knowledge in :
* AGILE / SCRUM processes
* opensource software
* responsive design, APIs and semantic web
* SEO and SEM principles
* working with code repository (GIT, SVN etc)
* drawing code and use case tests as well as deployment and bug fixing strategies
* online video landscape and technologies (VOD, streaming, etc…)
? ability to manage effective code and website reviews, define development sprints with detailed issue list, assign tasks, monitor schedule based on regular written reports, be pro?active on problems with solutions, etc…
? ability to speak and write fluently in English (French speaking & writing is a plus)
S/he will be based at villaACT in Dakar, Senegal under the direct control of Africa Culture Technologies and Mokolo project manager (Goethe?Institut Nigeria). Africa Culture Technologies will provide assistance for residence and work permit.
Interested applicants should submit :
? a letter of application motivating her/his suitability for the position, lining up preferred strategy and tools to accomplish the tasks
? a curriculum Vitae detailing experience and skills and three contactable referees, of which at least one should be a member of one of the partner countries (Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal, Kenya).
? URLs of at least five web portals or sites for which the applicant was IT project manager during development period
These should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by July 4th 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The successful applicant will be expected to start on Monday 4th August 2014 the latest.