Arterial Network Kenya (ANK) is one of the 40 chapters across Africa that forms Arterial Network, Africa's largest civil society network for the arts. This is a dynamic network of individuals, organizations, donors, companies and institutions engaged in the African creative and cultural sector. Since 2010, ANK has been involved in a number of activities, including the monthly Catch-Up events, various advocacy and capacity-building programs both in Nairobi and within the counties.
ANK is currently looking for a National Coordinator to run the chapter's activities in Kenya.
Job Title: National Coordinator
Reporting to: Steering Committee
Coordinates with: Steering Committee and Volunteers, Partners, Donors,
Location: Hurlingham, Nairobi
Hours of work: 25 hours a week
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Designing, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all Arterial Network programmes as specified in the annual work plan.
2. Monitor project expenditure budget under the guidance of the chairperson.
3. Develop Arterial Network narrative and financial reports on completion of each projects in accordance with donor requirements and reporting standards.
4. Plan and attend all steering committee meetings, limited to one every month.
5. Liaise with stakeholders including but not limited to participants, beneficiaries, partners and ANK members regarding the Arterial Network programmes. 6. Coordinate and facilitate bi monthly art sector dialogues as per the annual workplan.
7. Send out monthly newsletters to stakeholders and update all social media sites.
8. Manage and coordinate logistical arrangements for all Arterial Network programmes including transport, accommodation, and catering.
9. Developing and design new programmes for the chapter and growing its membership
10. Research on art and cultural developments in the global art scene.
11. Fundraising for the chapter's activities and programmes
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND PERSONALITY DESIRED:-
1. Bachelor's degree from a recognized university within the Humanities, Social and/or Political
2. Having basic accounting or book keeping skills
3. Professional experience in programmes management
4. Previous experience in the arts sector in the above capacity will be am added advantage
5. Strong analytical and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills
6. Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision
7. Willingness to travel within the country to different counties , interact effectively with
community members and willingness to learn new approaches
8. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural
9. Highly proficient in Ms Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research.
10. Excellent communication skills with fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
Interested applicants should send an application letter and curriculum vitae
to: email@example.com by 31st January 2016.