OUAGA FILM LAB 2019 - Announcement of the selection
Date of realization
Ouaga Producers Lab: September, 12thto 21st2019
Ouaga Film Lab: September, 16thto 21st2019
The 100 applications, from 25 West, Central and Great Lakes African countries sent following the OUAGA FILM LAB # 4 call for proposals, launched in February 2019, testify of the regional creators' vivacity and the importance of this development and co-production laboratory in supporting young authors and their producers.
The OUAGA FILM LAB selection committee is pleased to announce that the following projects have been selected:
- Augure, a feature film project by Baloji TSHIANI (DRC), produced by Lorine PLAGNOL - "Equinoxe" (Burundi)
- Aye Diamono, a feature film project by Momar KANDJI (Senegal), produced by Khadey ZIDNA - "Groupe Lydel Com" (Senegal)
- Benimana, a feature film project by Marie-Clémentine DUSABEJAMBO (Rwanda), produced by Marie-Epiphanie UWAYEZU - "Ejo-Cine" (Rwanda)
- Ebyaffe, a documentary film project by Nikissi SERUMAGA (Uganda), produced by Patience KATUSHABE - "Duuka Production" (Uganda)
- Ikimanuka, a feature film project by Samuel ISHIMWE (Rwanda), produced by Philbert-Aimé MBABAZI - "Imitana Productions" (Rwanda)
- L'indépendant, a feature film project by Ibrahim HEBIE (Burkina Faso), produced by Yaya SOURABIE - "Faso Films" (Burkina Faso)
- Les aventuriers, a documentary film project by Tomisin ADERUKU (Nigeria), produced by Adama NIKIEMA - "Pilumpiku Production" (Burkina Faso)
- Les filles de Poséidon, a documentary film project by Noël LAMAH (Guinea), produced by Alpha Ibrahima DIALLO - "Holowaba Groupe" (Guinea)
- Les planches des oubliés, a documentary film project by Amedée Pacôme NKOULOU (Gabon), produced by Mannsomdé Honoré YAMÉOGO - "Onezik" (Burkina Faso)
- RFI, a documentary film project by Joseph MOURA (DRC), produced by Emmanuel LUPIA - "Tosala Films" (DRC)
The main aim of the OUAGA FILM LAB development and co-production residency is to strengthen the competitiveness of West, Central and Great Lakes African directors and producers within major international labs, as well as to facilitate their access to local funds, international co-productions and promote a close collaboration with experienced mentors from around the continent.
In parallel to the 4th edition of OUAGA FILM LAB, will be held the 3rd edition of OUAGA PRODUCERS LAB, from September, 12th to 21st2019.
The producers of the five following projects will be invited to participate to this training:
- Anita AFATCHAO (Les films du siècle - Togo), producer of Moi riche, pingre et cupide, by Joël M'Maka TCHEDRE (Togo)
- Soumaiel DJIGUEMDE (Productions métissées - Burkina Faso), producer of Président Baba, by Aïcha BORO (Burkina Faso)
- Abdoulaye KA (Kasy Prod - Sénégal), producer of Nobles de cœur, by Alassane SY (Sénégal)
- Serge OUEDRAOGO (Etalons Films - Burkina Faso), producer of De la chenille au papillon, by Parfait Galadio KABORÉ (Burkina Faso)
- Salimata TAPILY (Bandiaprod - Mali), producer of Les griffes du ciel (Mali)
The 4thedition of OUAGA FILM LAB will be organized in close collaboration with EAVE (European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs), the Centre National du Cinéma et de l'Image Animée - CNC (France), the Institut Français (IF Paris, IF Burkina Faso, la Fabrique des cinémas du Monde, la Cinémathèque Afrique), the Institut IMAGINE de Ouagadougou, the Festival international de film documentaire d'Agadir au Maroc (FIDADOC), Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg (Allemagne), Sud Ecriture (Tunisie), the Groupe Ouest (France), the Agence livre, cinéma et audiovisuel en Nouvelle-Aquitaine - ALCA (France), the CNCI (Tunisie), the Journées Cinématographiques de Carthage - JCC (Tunisie), the Centre des écritures cinématographiques CECI du Moulin d'Andé (France), the Fonds pour la Jeune Création Francophone (Burkina Faso), the Rencontres internationales du documentaire de Montréal- RIDM (Québec), the International Documentary Film festival Amsterdam - IDFA (Pays-Bas), Documentary Africa - DocA (Kenya) and the Poitiers Film Festival (France).
OUAGA FILM LAB is supported by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Burkina Faso (MCAT), the Centre National du Cinéma et de l'Image Animée - CNC (France),the International Organization of La Francophonie (OIF), the Luxemburg Cooperation Office in Burkina Faso, the Luxemburg Film Fund, TV5 Monde and the Goethe Institute Ouagadougou.
Please share your impressions, remarks, suggestions to help us improve the new Southplanet website. Don't hesitate to signal any bugs that you happen to come across !