The Ouaga Film Lab team is pleased to announce the selection of projects for its 6th edition, which will be held from October 13th to 20th 2021, in Ouagadougou, partly during the 27th FESPACO (from October 16th to 23rd), so that participants can also benefit from the dynamism, energy and professionals present at this major event of African cinema.
Out of the hundred or so applications received following the call for projects launched in March 2021, coming from 25 countries in West Africa, Central Africa and the Great Lakes, the Ouaga Film Lab selection committee has chosen the following 10 projects :
- 6 documentaries and 4 fictions
- 40% of the participants are women
- The selected projects come from Burkina Faso, Burundi, Congo DRC, Niger, Central African Republic, Rwanda, Senegal, Sudan, Togo.
- Eat Bitter, documentary project by Pascale APPORA-GNEKINDY (Central African Republic), produced by Orphé BAMOY - "Kea Kwis Production" (Central African Republic)
- Fagadaga, fiction project by Yoro MBAYE (Senegal), produced by Line LALLOGO - "Bès Ciné" (Burkina Faso)
- Kamina, the forgotten city, documentary project by Amanou YELEBO (Togo), produced by Marcelin BOSSOU - "Marbos Productions" (Togo)
- Life, more or less, fiction project by Julius MORNO (Nigeria), produced by Yil FOMWUL - "Cinema Kpatakpata" (Nigeria)
- Nzonzing, documentary project by Moimi WEZAM (Congo DRC), produced by Nelson MAKENGO - "Zero Attitude Flix" (Congo DRC)
- Ouézzin, Le Père Voltaïque, documentary project by Wabinlé NABIE (Burkina Faso), produced by Yvette TAPSOBA - "Nassigui Limited" (Burkina Faso)
- Parcours des pionniers (East African chapter), documentary project by Floriane KANEZA (Rwanda), produced by Francine MUNYANA - "Mikadie Production" (Burundi)
- Purgatory, fiction project by Junior ASSANI (Congo DRC), produced by Emmanuel LUPIA - "Tosala Films" (Congo DRC)
- The camera never cries, documentary project by Elsadig ABDELGAYOUM & Abuzar OSMAN (Sudan), produced by Alyaa MUSA - "Black Balance Artistic Production" (Sudan)
- Wefôh, fiction project by Beola TOUGGOURT (Togo), produced by Noukpo WHANNOU - "Olaolu SDC" (Togo)
The OUAGA FILM LAB #6 is organized in close collaboration with the DGCA, Direction générale du cinéma et de l'audiovisuel (Burkina Faso), the CNC, Centre National du Cinéma et de l'Image Animée (France), Groupe Ouest (France), the Institut Français (IF Paris, IF Burkina Faso, la Fabrique des cinémas du Monde, la Cinémathèque Afrique), the FOPICA (Senegal), the Fespaco (Burkina Faso), the International Documentary Film Festival of Agadir in Morocco (FIDADOC), the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg (Germany), Sud Ecriture (Tunisia), the Agence livre, cinéma et audiovisuel en Nouvelle-Aquitaine - ALCA (France), the Centre des écritures cinématographiques CECI du Moulin d'Andé (France), the International Documentary Film festival Amsterdam - IDFA (Netherlands), Documentary Africa - DocA (Kenya), the Durban Film Market/Talent Durban (South Africa), Les Ateliers de l'Atlas/International film festival of Marrakech (Morocco), Red Sea, CiniDB (Germany), World Cinema Fund Africa (Germany).
OUAGA FILM LAB #6 is supported by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Burkina Faso (MCAT), the Swiss Cooperation Office in Burkina Faso, the Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée - CNC (France), the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF), the Luxembourg Film Fund, TV5 Monde, the Cultural and Tourism Development Fund (FDCT) of Burkina Faso, and the Goethe Institute in Ouagadougou.
All projects can be consulted on the website: www.ouagafilmlab.net