The 23rd Alexandria International Film Festival is due to begin on September 7 through 11, 2007. Taking part in this session are 5 Arab Mediterranean countries, namely Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.
- This session is dedicated to the memory of Egyptian scriptwriter Abdel-Ha'i Adeeb who died in June 2007.
- To be a shown is a number of movies reflecting modern perspectives in Turkish cinema.
- The AIFF will pay tribute to Italian producer Mauro Martino, French director Florence Companie and Tunisian actor Lotfi al-Abdeli.
- Tunisian scriptwriter/director Djilani al-Saadi will be AIFF's guest of honor, together with his compatriot Aneesa Dawood,
- To be paid tribute to is Moroccan director Fawzi ben Seidi, and Swiss director of Algerian descent Nasser Bekhti.
- French lawyer Jacques Vergès, husband of Djamila Bouhired, the renowned Algerian freedom fighter, who joined the National Liberation Front to repel French occupation troops will be guest of honor.
- An Algerian night will be held in this session.
- 20 short feature and documentary films will be competing for the Feature Digital Film Prize.