Entries are welcome from every genre from emerging to established film makers.
1. Feature films
- These are any films 50 minutes or over in length.
2. Documentary films
3. Short films
- Any film that is 1 minute to 49 minutes (including credits).
4. Animated films
The selections are made by our members of the jury. Critics and artists debate and determine the most outstanding achievements of the year. Films and videos released after January 2014 and those that premiere at the Out of Africa International Film Festival will be given special consideration.
Regular submission - Open 13 April 2014
Submission deadline - 10 May 2015
Regular entry fees ksh 900/ USD 20
Only submissions accompanied by the correct fee, and received by the allocated deadline will be considered. No submissions will be accepted after 10 May 2015 Payment
- Payments must be made in Kenya shillings or USD.
- Submission fee is per film and is payable by credit card and PayPal.
- Films submitted without payment WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED and the submission will be deleted.
To be eligible for the competition:
1. Entrants must comply with the entry Rules and Regulations including all deadlines, film length, entry materials and any other that have been set.
2. Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time submitted. Dialogue lists will not be accepted.
BY ACCEPTING THESE REGULATIONS YOU UNDERSTAND THE SUBMISSION FEE CANNOT BE REFUNDED.
Submitting a film to OOAIFF you must agree to the following:
- All the information entered in the OOAIFF entry form is true and accurate
- You must ensure that your film is genuinely your own
- You either own the rights to the footage, sound music and images which are part of your film.
- In case of a collaborative work, co-authors must be acknowledged, and the nature of their participation in the making of the film must be specified.
- Completing the entry form and accepting the participation agreement does not guarantee that your film will be chosen as a competition finalist.
- The Producer grants OOAIFF the right to reproduce part of their film (maximum 1 min) for the purposes only of promoting the festival. This may be as part of a compilation; for exhibition by any means including screening, internet; for cable, satellite, or by any medium not yet devised.
Submitting By Mail:
Mail the completed form (insert link to the form on the website) along with a DVD copy of your film or video to the Festival director. Please ensure that your DVD plays in a standard DVD player before it is mailed to us. Do not simply burn a video file to a disc as data- your disc must be authored as a DVD. We will accept DVD submissions on dual-layer discs (DVD-R Dual Layer or DVD+R Dual Layer), but if you choose to submit your film in that format, please include a standard DVD-R or DVD+R disc as a backup. To ensure consideration, all submissions should be mailed through express services (e.g. DHL, EMS, and TNT). Please, keep your tracking number to guarantee delivery. Films without a submission form will not be considered.
Title, screening format and running time must be clearly labeled on the DVD and online submission form. Each film should be submitted on one DVD. Submitted DVD's will not be returned but may be collected from the OOAIFF Office during office hours by arrangement.
Films entered may be uploaded to the Film Freeway's Secure Online Screener system
OOAIFF endeavors to complete all selection procedures by 1 August 2015 and to inform submitting parties, in writing, of the festival's decisions on or shortly after that date. Successful submitting parties will receive a Filmmaker's Pack that will include important information on, press and publicity, accreditation, contact information and how to maximize their OOAIFF experience.
A selected print or tape must be received at the OOAIFF Festival Office no later than twenty-one daysprior to its scheduled screening.
Festival screenings and scheduling
OOAIFF is able to screen 35mm, DCP and BluRay, and certain high-resolution digital files. OOAIFF aspires to provide the best quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection. OOAIFF assumes that the submitting party or filmmaker or print source company has insured for damage and loss of the festival print or tape. Screenings are scheduled at the discretion of OOAIFF. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, OOAIFF reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. OOAIFF will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection, and no film may be screened outside the Festival during the Festival and before its official presentation without the agreement of OOAIFF. This will include any premiere status that was stipulated by the festival in offering said film a position within the OOAIFF program. All enquiries on the above may be directed to email@example.com
Shipping and Customs
OOAIFF will not pay freight or customs charges for preview DVDs. We are unable to return screener DVDs. Please note that OOAIFF will not pay any rental or screening fees for shorts in competition. If you are using a third-party distribution or sales agency to send your film, you are responsible for any fees they charge. 2015 and year round advertising opportunities
- Inclusion in OOAIFF newsletter
- Custom blog on http://www.outofafricafilmfest.com
- Custom social media campaign via twitter and facebook
- Point of purchase ticket advertising
- Feature of film blog
Sponsor branded pre roll in front of trailers and video content on the website http://www.outofafricafilmfest.com/