YATF-Young Arab Theatre Forum is an international non-profit arts organization that creates opportunities for thinking, producing and sharing among contemporary artists from the Arab World and their peers everywhere. YATF's objective is to act as a resource that provides tools (artistic, discursive, logistical and financial) to artists and cultural thinkers from the region to invent new working methods for both their own practices and/or their organizations.
YATF's activities include commissioning and producing the international touring contemporary arts festival 'Meeting Points' (curated by Frie Leysen in 2009, Okwui Enwezor in 2011, What How and for Who/WHW in 2013), providing grants to artists and art organizations from the Arab World, as well as organizing several other self-initiated artistic activities. YATF is based in Brussels and works across artistic disciplines.
YATF is looking for a Curatorial & Programs Associate to join its small team.
Position: Curatorial & Programs Associate
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Basis: 4/5 or 5/5
Start Date: February 1, 2015
• Assisting the director in developing and implementing a vision for YATF's programs
• Developing the mechanisms of YATF's grant-making programs towards intended programmatic outcomes and liaising with grantees regarding content and their projects development
• Regularly travelling and researching partners, artists & arts organizations as well as funders in the Arab World
• Overseeing the development of Meeting Points in the planning phase
• Initiating and developing new ideas and projects
• Developing and overseeing the organization's communications
• Providing content for funding application in collaboration with the financial manager
• Devising project budgets and overseeing expenditure
• Overseeing support staff in their various tasks
• Attending meetings, symposia and openings, as well as travelling to international festivals and biennials as a representative of the organization
• Devising, in collaboration with the director, programing for YATF in Belgium and developing local partnerships
• At least five years curatorial working experience in a contemporary art field
• Knowledge of and network in one or more of the contemporary arts fields in the Arab World
• Experience in arts project management
• Effective communication and writing skills
• Capacity to oversee multiple simultaneous projects
• Demonstrated engagement with international artistic practice
• Excellent written and spoken English; Fluency in Arabic is preferred; French is an asset
• Availability to travel frequently
Apply: Please send us a letter describing your interest in the position and qualifications, a writing sample, and your CV to: email@example.com.
Please send your application by November 20, 2014. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in person or virtually in the beginning of December. International candidates are welcome to apply.
Please share your impressions, remarks, suggestions to help us improve the new Southplanet website. Don't hesitate to signal any bugs that you happen to come across !