PIMA's purpose and mission is to:
* Develop communication links that bring together professionals and institutions in support of Pacific Islands Heritage management, including but not limited to publishing a regular newsletter and maintaining a website;
* Enhance human resources through education and training;
* Promote awareness of the local, regional and national cultural institutions in the Pacific about the safeguarding and preservation of Oceania's heritage and heritage places;
* Disseminate cultural heritage information amongst the local communities of the Pacific Islands region;
* Develop and promote a code of ethics and standards in Pacific Islands heritage management;
* Advise and work with governments and other agencies in matters of heritage management and policy;
* Facilitate the protection and restitution of tangible and intangible cultural property.
Please share your impressions, remarks, suggestions to help us improve the new Southplanet website. Don't hesitate to signal any bugs that you happen to come across !