Born in Cairo (Egypt), in 1948.
Michael is a director from Southern Africa. His other films include feature films untitled Jit, The Grass is Singin, and documentaries : Au delà des plaines, Zimbabwe Countdown?.
In the seventies, Michael was involved with the BERWICK STREET FILM CO-OPERATIVE making political films such as IRELAND BEHIND THE WIRES.
Michael has written and directed over 20 documentaries, including :
MELVYN THE MAGNIFICIENT (aka LET'S HIT THE STREETS), 2005
ZIMBABWE COUNTDOWN, 2003
SUNDAY SWEET SUNDAY (30 mins X 5)
UNDER AFRICAN SKIES (52 minutes x 5)
THE PLASTIC SHAMROCK (60 mins)
THIS IS RENEE (30mins)
ITS IN MY BLOOD (30mins)
THIS GAME OF GOLF (55mins)
THE MOVEMENT MOVEMENT
All these documentaries are available from email@example.com
Michael has written all the films he has directed.
He has also written commissioned scripts, including -
* GIOVANNI'S ROOM - James Baldwin-Scott Inc, Los Angeles.
Based on the novel.
* THE INCUBATE - Vaughan Films, London.
* INSIDE OUT - Signfour Films, London.
Psychological rural drama à la Lady Chatterley
* ALBINO - Producer - David Elton.
From the novel by Jack Cope.
* MESSENGER OF THE LOCUSTS - Mukuvisi Films, Zimbabwe.
* AXA - Lizard Sarl, Paris.
Comedy of cult European musician lost in Africa.
* NIGHT OF THE FIREFLIES
Script in development.
* TRIOMF - Focus Films, London,'MEDIA' funded.
On the novel by Marlene van Niekerk - in development.