The reconstruction of the traumatic and courageous journey of a Masai boy from the remote plains to the city - a growth of consciousness.
Production: Armorial, Paris & Signfour Films, UK/Canada
Written and directed by MICHAEL RAEBURN
Camera: John Barnard
Editor: Edith Vergne
Distribution: International TV - Cinemas in France, Africa
London, Sydney and Melbourne
Cash prize - Centre National du Cinema, France.
* "Raeburn's film is thoughtful, lucid and admirably shot" Financial Times
* "Intriguing, unbiased" Daily Mail
* "Effective and perceptive, made by someone who knows Africa" Africa Magazine
* "Intensely seen and deeply thoughtful" Catholic Herald
* "Beautifully photographed and of great interest" London Weekly Diary
* "Attractive, unsentimental film by one who knows Africa" Doris Lessing
* "The best film I've seen on Africa" President Julius Nyerere of Tanzania