Born in Benin in 1965, he has been living in the Paris area since 1980.
From 1983 to 1995, he is an actor, playing in many films, among others:
- Marche à l'ombre by Michel BLANC,
- Match nul by Eric WORETH,
- La Bohême by Luigi COMENCINI,
- Black Micmac 2 by Marco PAULY,
- Le Banquet by Marco FERRERI,
- L627 by Bertrand TAVERNIER,
- La Vie ne fait pas de cadeau, by Frederic SCH?NDORFFER,
- Dien Bien Phu by Pierre SCH?NDORFFER.
He goes behind the camera, first as a direction assistant for Dien Bien Phu, then going to proper direction :
- Kalamazo - la passion du foot (short film, super 16, 1992, winner in 1991 of the short film aid granted by the THECIF, sponsored by Jean MARB?UF)
- Palabres d'antilopes incommensurables et de zébus Katangais au pied du HLM (short film, super 16, 1993)
- Méli-Mélo au squatt-place (clip, super 16, 1993)
- Tanti Cotonou - Mama Benz (clip, super 16, 1993)
- Le Nègre distingué (short film, Betacam, 1994)
- Antidote (short film, Betacam, 1995)
- Le Réalisateur Nègre (short film, 35 mm, 1998)
For all his works, he is scriptwriter, director, associate-producer, composer and actor.
BARBECUE - PEJO is his first full-length film. Having been granted the advance on receipts, it is selected by the festivals of Namur (Belgium), Amiens, Belfort, Mar del Plata (Argentina), Noir Tout Couleurs (Guadeloupe), Toronto, Vues d'Afrique (Quebec), New York, Milan...
DJIB, his next film, was released on November 29, 2000.
MAMA ALOKO was released on January 23, 2002 and LA VALSE DES GROS DERRIERES on June 23, 2004.