ZAMBIA SHORT FILM FEST, 2nd edition
Are you a film director, screenwriter, director of photography/cameraman, sound designer, editor or a production manager? Team up and create an inspiring short film.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Zambia Short Fest film festival invites YOU to submit your daring and inspired stories. It can be fiction or documentary, the only limit is the maximum length of 15 minutes.
This year the theme is LIBERTY.
To help us celebrate 50 years of Zambian Independence, we would like you to create a unique, compelling and personal short film that explores the idea of freedom and what it means to you.
Our goal is to use film as a tool for storytelling. Freedom is the utmost basic right of every human being. This is what drives human beings. The power of freedom has been seen to promote human dignity and peace. Freedom takes many forms, whether it's freedom of expression or freedom to exist. Freedom is not an idea limited to national independence or borders. Freedom is also allowing others to be free. We want your films to show and express what LIBERTY entails for you.
The Zambia Short Fest screening will take place on the:
9th October Community screening (place announced later)
10th October Cinema screening
11th October Closing/award night
And a Special Screening on the 24th October (ZAMBIA's INDEPENDENCE DAY)
SUBMISSION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Entrant confirms he or she has all copyrights to the film, image, sound and music
* Participation is absolutely free.
* Film length should be max. 15 minutes
* All entries must be in English or if they contain local language there must be English subtitles.
* For both international and local films, shipping costs are charged to participants.
* Fill out the entry form linked below.
* Send the copy of the film on DVD (films not in English must be subtitled to English) before August 31st of 2014 to: Zambia Short Fest, Rhodes Park, Off Adisa Baba 1126, Lusaka, Zambia. (Contact phone number, if needed: +260977290539)
* Send a 30-50 word summary of your film in English along with your name and film title to email@example.com before August 31st of 2014.
* Only completed entries (Entry Form and DVD) will be processed and considered for screening.
* If a film is selected for screening, the Zambia Short Fest office will contact the entrant by e-mail. All successful entries will be notified by September 28th of 2014 at the latest, barring unforeseen circumstances.
* The Zambia Short Fest is unable to return film copies.
DEADLINE for submitting a film: August 31st of 2014
The admittance to participation implies the acceptance of this code. Upon signing in of participation you validate the screening of the short film (at the Zambian Short Fest) and also the right to use images from the film for possible promotions of the festival.
Please share your impressions, remarks, suggestions to help us improve the new Southplanet website. Don't hesitate to signal any bugs that you happen to come across !