Founded in Tunis in 1950.
1st Tunisian president : M. Tahar CHERIA.
Contributed through different initiatives of its members in the foundation of various National and International film Associations.
The Tunisian Federation of Ciné-Clubs (TFCC) is:
- A founder-member of the International Federation of Ciné-Clubs.
- A founder-member of the JCC and member of its Steering Committee since 1966.
- A Member of the Steering Committee of the International Festival of Amateur Film-makers of Kelibia.
- A active Member in different consultative committees related to cinema in the Ministry of Culture.
The Tunisian Federation of Ciné-Clubs (TFCC):
- Create The International Short Film Festival of Tunis (1996).
- Contributed in the foundation of Unions of Ciné-Clubs in the Meghreb, the arab World, Africa and the Mediterranean.
- Contributed in the promotion of Association activities and the Civil Society through its cultural activity and the democratic practice within the clubs.
- Interacted activity in the Tunisian Cultural life.
- Had different approaches of the cinematographic and cultural which gave birth to various viewpoints.
- Launched several publications dealing with cinema and film criticism.
The TFCC endeavours to promote cinematographic culture and the artistic taste of its members through:
- A network of Ciné-Clubs throughout yhe country which screens regulary film from different countries followed by a debate… Thehe are two kinds of Ciné-Clubs.
- Children Ciné-Clubs.
- Adult's Ciné-Clubs.
- The TFCC organizes films meetings by itself and with others partners.
- It organizes training sessions dealing with cinematographic culture (films trends, filmic language, film criticism…), these sessions are animated by specialists, professionals and university professors addressed to the members of the Ciné-Clubs: they are both debate animators or film-goers.
- There is a nucleus of a documentation center related to cinema which contents, written and audio-visual, are at the disposal of cinema researchers either on Tunisian films or from other countries.
- The FTCC is a school that trained and nourished many Tunisian film-makers and film critics.
- The contribution of TFCC is an everlasting one.