Genevieve Hofmeyr is the co-founder and Managing Director at Moonlighting Films where she is responsible for all the company's motion picture and television production business. Her track record and reputation have inspired clients, from major US studios to independents and international networks, to entrust more than 50 productions to Moonlighting Films, establishing the company as a world player in co-production and facilitation of international productions in South Africa.
Genevieve's credits include, in the role of supervising producer or line producer, "Safehouse" for Universal, "Invictus" for Warner Bros. / Malpaso/ Revelation, "Machine Gun Preacher" for Relativity and Kuashi, "Amelia" for Fox Searchlight Pictures and Avalon, "10,000 BC" and "Blood Diamond" for Warner Bros., "Catch a Fire" for Working Title Films, "24 - Redemption" for Fox Television, "Ask the Dust" for Cruise / Wagner and Paramount, "Racing Stripes" for Alcon Entertainment, "Ali" for Sony Pictures, "Beyond Borders" for Mandalay Pictures and "The Interpreter" for Working Title / Universal.
Projects that Genevieve has co-produced include "Death Race 2" and "Blue Crush 2" with Universal Germany; "Crusoe" with Power & Muse Entertainment; "Skin" with Bard Entertainment and Elysian and "Flood" with Muse.
Widely regarded as one of South Africa's most skilled and accomplished producers, Genevieve has made a significant contribution to the growth of the entertainment industry in South Africa in a career that spans over 20 years. She is listed by The Hollywood Reporter as one of the three most influential women in the South African film industry today.
* The Endless river, Equation /Moonlighting Films/Swift Productions, SA/France
* 10,000 B.C., Warner Bros. Pictures, USA
* Blood Diamond, Warner Bros. Pictures, USA
* The Flood, Power/Moonlighting Films/Muse Entertainment, USA/SA/Canada
* Catch a fire, Working Title Films, UK
* The Interpreter (L'interprète), Working Title/ Universal Pictures, USA
* Flight of the Phoenix, Working Title/ Universal Pictures, USA
* Ask the Dust, Producer Cruise/Wagner & Jonas McCord USA.
* Racing Stripes, Alcon Entertainment, USA
* Beyond Borders, Mandalay Pictures, USA
* Ali, Columbia Tristar, USA
* 12 Days of Terror, Fox Television Studios, USA
* Red Water, Sony Pictures TV, USA Cape of Good Hope, Wonderview-Moonlighting co-production, South Africa
* Home Alone 4, Fox Television Studios, USA
* Young Black Stallion, Disney, USA
* I Dreamed of Africa (J'ai rêvé de l'Afrique), Columbia Tristar, USA
Alchemy Table Top Studios, Romania
Please share your impressions, remarks, suggestions to help us improve the new Southplanet website. Don't hesitate to signal any bugs that you happen to come across !